All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Yup seems Blizz is at it again, wonder what they did this time to alter things? Well I doubt its anything the people here can't figure out lol. Till then I guess we have to deal with the boring characters again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 pm 

Where can I download a MPQ editor?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Ok ... I think I'm done ... I'll wait until Cataclysm is in place before I pull the plug, but if I can't get my nice smooth arms and legs, and my nipples, back, Blizzard has gotten it's last cash from me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 am 

The starting areas for the worgen and goblins is completely phased like the DK area. The worgen area follows a story where you slowly make your way around Gilneas pushing back the forsaken, dealing with bits of land falling into the ocean from the cataclysm, and being turned into a worgen. The goblins end up doing some island hopping getting away from their home island blowing up. You can technically go back to the worgen area, but it's completely empty since all the NPCs are phased for starting worgen. Once you are done with those quests, the area is nothing more than some architecture. Nobody can go back to Kezan or the lost isles I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm 

I'm not fully sure, but i think the error message is the same as we got with older WoW clients that still needed the WoWME.
Any change to the DBC or M2 files will immediately be discarded with an error message either on startup, or when it is actually loaded. It could be an actual file checksum error, or maybe WoW is trying to detect if the file is on the most recent revision, but, since the file doesn't match with what the game believes you should have, it will QQ and exit.

We could try out if it's a checksum, by opening a player M2 file with a hex editor, and change a random symbol near the end of the file and see if it goes boom. If not, then it's maybe some header information or structure that is unique to each model, or has odd references.

Not sure yet, as WoW's 4.0.1 patch might be near 1,2GB once i get home, if at all.
Guess we'll have to keep on trying and seeing if anything changes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 pm 

Kennit wrote:
Using Zilem's advice I was able to get patch-X.MPQ working using the newest Ladik's MPQ editor.

I opened patch-X.mpq. Clicked change (attributes) under Operations and checked all the boxes and hit OK. Then I went to Change Hash Table Size and changed it from 1024 to 4096.

I have patch-X.MPQ working again. No compression changes. It's possible that all is needed is to change the hash table size to 4096.

What's in your patch-X?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28