All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

This morning I woke up to a bit of bad news.

Female worgen are finally available to tinker with at character creation, but they look completely different from their earlier version.

Old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuMfVH1izM
New: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2n7IYQrqVM

I prefer the old model so much more.

They just had a lot more personality, and looked more 'neutral' in mood.

The new ones have a permanent snarl and an ugly mane of hair. They'd look decent in combat, but sitting down calmly at a chair in Dalaran, they'd just look constipated.

I don't have much knowledge of how skinning works, so please excuse any obtuse use of terminology.

My question is - I was wondering if anyone has saved the old models, and if there might be some way to use the old models when Cata officially launches?

I was really looking forward to rolling a female worgen in Cata, but if these new models go in as they are now, I'm rolling male. About the new female worgen.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 pm 

Can you make a white one who you can call Falkor the Luck Dragon?

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

djmeowth wrote:
This morning I woke up to a bit of bad news.

Female worgen are finally available to tinker with at character creation, but they look completely different from their earlier version.

Old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuMfVH1izM
New: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2n7IYQrqVM

They just had a lot more personality, and looked more 'neutral' in mood.

The new ones have a permanent snarl and an ugly mane of hair. They'd look decent in combat, but sitting down calmly at a chair in Dalaran, they'd just look constipated.

I don't have much knowledge of how skinning works, so please excuse any obtuse use of terminology.

My question is - I was wondering if anyone has saved the old models, and if there might be some way to use the old models when Cata officially launches?Bad news?, no i have waited since the worgen male was changed to look more worgen alike instead of wolfdog
Also keep in mind that a worgen is not freindly of nature, it's a savage humaniod beast
and i actualy like the new model more then the old

And i do Think that the permanant mane your talking about is a error, as the model issn't fully finished yet
as there is some missing animations: Dance, Loot, etc, etc. holes around the ears, and missing is missing all mouth animations
but atleast Beta testers can finaly play as one now

Also the old female model lacked same Animation as new one does, beside the mouth animation for the animations it have

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:06 pm 

Nellyaa wrote:

That's what I am thinking about Blizz too. Personally I really liked the female troll when it looked more like a troll and no human with green skin, if you catch my drift.
I really like that they changed the bitchy kittycat face to something more impressive and evil looking - I really really wish they make the female worgen more like the male one: Hunched over and bulky, like someone said. I'm ok with sexy humans and sexy elves, they're known for that feature afterall but when I play a wild wolf-like creature why can't the female be as wild and feral-like?
If the female worgen looks all friendly and sexy I'm definitely rolling a male one...

Well, why not give players the option to choose?

I'm quite sure both types would be seen tbh.

However i'm quite sure noone would ever play an ugly bloodelf.

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 pm 

djmeowth wrote:

old model?

its still same model, except new ears and teeth Re: About the new female worgen. (and ofc new facial texture)

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:22 pm 

the only thing i see that's wrong with it at current time is that the neck doesnt fit to the head in an elegant matter, its just slammed onto it. i would thicken the neck abit and smoothen it out if i were a blizzmodeler.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:23 pm 

The female worgen doesn`t look as much fierce as rabid per say, the males yes sure with the open mouths and fangs showing ... now with the females it ended up being somehow more like a ratdog(as someone mentioned earlier) with rabies. The head atleast in its current state doesn`t match the body at all imo. The males are fine becouse the stature of the body is well impressive,with them being rather bulky and hunched over somewhat, the females on the other hand stand relatively straight and have alot more ...I want to say petite but that wouldnt be right on so the ''fierceness'' just feels out of place, as if the head blonged to another body altogether and I hope it does actually

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:55 am 

EstonezZ wrote:
That's something disturbingly cute Re: About the new female worgen.

I"m sorry, that just scares teh heck outta me ^^;

Sorta looks like those sesame street skits with the dog heads on the human bodies, but...the head is giant and it's EVIL! D:

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:29 pm 

tarantules wrote:
Uglier? I'm not a furry, but I'm not gonna bash those that are, but that being said... The new body type is much more inline with the way (most) males view attractive females. They have more of a hourglass figure, the old models looked... well squat and stocky. Not as "bad" as a dwarf mind you, but coming from the slender human female form in the worgen female form (at least the old one) I would think that the added body mass would be noticible. Now again you might say that they are turning into beasts and getting added strength and agility and that would account for the changed shape and I could see that.

You might also add that you where more or less talking about the faces and ehn anything with a snout I just can't look past it to find the sexy.
I'm no Furry either. I just find this version less enjoyable compared to the first. The chest, and face of the first looked better, though less detailed. The overall model/form looks more or less similar to the same. When I say Ugly I am mostly refering to the face. I dont like the new face at all. This is also a game, and im not looking for "realism" in my characters anyway.
Oh and I am not like most guys, hourglass figure is.. freaky. I like the current models for the humans, NEs and Draenei, but all of which are moded to better suit my tastes for my characters. I don't find any of them to fit the 'hourglass' figure.

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 am 

Re: About the new female worgen.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next