New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Anyone got an idea to get the injector working on w7 x64?

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:35 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Arohk wrote:
me getting this error when i want to open the model with blender
what have i donw wrong?
Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

The problem may be that you used File -> Open instead of File -> Import -> M2I (.m2i)...
Be sure you installed the (BinaryIO.py, export_m2i.py, import_m2i) M2Mod python scripts into Blender from the M2Mod\scripts\Blender folder. No need to copy the read.txt file, which says as follows.

Code:
v0.2

First, you should have already installed Blender and Python.
www.blender.org
www.python.org

You need to copy these Python scripts:
BinaryIO.py
export_m2i.py
import_m2i.py

To Blender's scripts directory:
%appdata%\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
(you can copy and paste this link into explorer to take you there)
(if you are not on Windows the scripts directory will be somewhere else, google it)

After they have been copied, you will be able to acess them from Blender's "File->Import" and "File->Export" menus.
(you may have to restart Blender to get them to show up in the menus)

Hope this answers your question/helps.

random blender UI screenshot

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 pm 

Thanks redaxle! It's a shame the bones don't function that way, but I'm relieved to hear there might be a solution. I'll definitely play around with those commands to see what I can manage. I put hours of work trying to make things well-rounded and smooth, with the precise shape that I wanted so it jiggles well, so I don't wanna lose the progress XD

As for the bones, that's alright, I'll manage ^^ I remember changing the relationship of one bone (trying to modify a lower tailbone to have a higher tailbone be the parent instead of the backbone), but I got an error when I tried to export it. Although, I was also trying to add a bone, which I then removed, but some data may have been retained that confused python. I'll try it again from a clean slate.

One more thing, if you don't mind; how would I go about changing the skins in Blender? I have attempted tossing the blps from one mod-pack in place of the blps for another, but it doesn't usually work and I figure it might be data in the .skin files that determine how to attach the blps. Although, that might not be a Blender thing; might I need another program for textures? Otherwise I'll try using the mesh copying to import the model under other skins XD Nevermind, I find a tutorial on UV face selecting while looking for a tutorial on how to use the Bone Weight Copy script.

Edit: In the process of learning what the Bone Weight Copy did and how to use it, I think I have learned how the bones are connected to specific Vertex Groups. By loading an original model, I can manually assign the bones, allowing me to both fix the one-sided issue for areas where I added more vertices as well as maybe even adjust the vertex groups of the tail for more fluid movement =3

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:17 pm 

Wouldn't the cleanest solution at the moment be:

Use the WOTLK version to extract the M2I from a modified WOTLK model, and the Cata version to inject it into the Cata model?

Nevermind, just tried it.

They're incompatible from version to version?

Crashes on bones on importing a WOTLK M2I into a Cata M2

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 pm 

Glad to hear you're making progress Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

And I don't know what the deal is with the eyebrows, unless you moved their vertices or their bones.

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:51 pm 

marble wrote:
Lag, still ctrl snap for an easy win. :) Even with the UV coords. The UV edit window have its own button to turn it on while the viewport is in edit mode.Cool! thanks :) guess I never tried it, lol

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 pm 

long time lurker, first time poster
okay so ive been fuckin around with this for a good 2 hours (learned the basics of blender) and i cant figure out how the hell i get my models in there
it says that python wasnt installed, so i opened the zip, and extracted all the files to .blender > scripts and it says its still not installed. where else would i install python?
blender does however let me import / export shit. so thats taken care of.
another question. where do i find the models? i have my wow folder in Public > Games > WoW. is it in the data files? if so, how do i open them?

if its not too much to ask, could someone just make a video tutorial on how to get it started from the VERY beginning (starting right with the download)

oh. ive downloaded the guides, and looked at pretty much all the readme's. and im still as stumped as ever..

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:11 am 

Ok, I've got the guide written, and I've updated M2Mod, check the OP for the link.

Here's the new guide for how to update your old character model edits from v3 to v4.
http://www.redaxle.net/tools/Readme%20v3%20to%20v4%20update%20guide.rtf

And here's a small sample of an update I made to one of my models using the method in the guide, it's a petite night elf female patch:
http://www.redaxle.net/data/PetiteNightElfFemale.MPQ

Satsujinlol: Yes, I will now for sure update all my petite models and anything else that I can. Check the above link for the night elf.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:36 am 

redaxle wrote:
You don't need to use Blender to migrate older edits to the new version.

Basically, this is how you do it:
1. Convert the old model to M2I.
2. Merge the new model with the M2I from the previous step.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

This won't work if Blizz changed the bones at all, like if they have been reordered or if they removed or added some bones, etc. Then you'd have to go into Blender and try to wrap your head around what bones changed get the meshes to skin to the correct bones.

Hmm seems I missed this. Which .skin files should be included in the .MPQ, the ones from the 3.2 modded file or the ones from Bliz's 3.3 patch?

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:07 am 

For some reason I am unable to download the latest version, it downloads a 2 byte file that is blank. Don't know if it's just me or not.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37
 >> Next