New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Hmm, so even the smallest change to a female human model crashes the game?

That is... distressing.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 pm 

I tried for 3 hours to figure this out.. I watched the tutorials and just become overwhelmed. They would load an image and it would load clear... I loaded one and I would have all these arrows and I don;t know what else.... I couldn't get anything to select or in short I couldn't do a damned thing LOL.... I guess I'm just not skilled in this to even start :p I'll just have to wait and hope for some up to date Tauren mods /sighs Damn it....

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:31 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Are there plans to support animation? I would like to edit or make my own animations for wow characters. Over at mmowned, someone figured out how to customize animation, but I couldn't get his tool to work.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm 

Zerker wrote:
I must be doing something wrong then, as I'm not even getting the Night Elf mod you pre-loaded into it.

If you have copied it correctly in your WoW Folder, then there is a Folder named DataCustom. In this Folder you have to move the Mods you want to usw.

Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Then switch Back to the WoW Folder, open the WowInjector.txt an write in there

DataCustom\NameofyourWoWMod.MPQ

For each Mod a line, then Save it. Then start WoW end before you login klick on the WoWInjector, then it should work pretty well.

Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Have u used an other mod to ensure dass the not Mod makes the fault ?

I use a W7x64 with the most updates from WU , i just moved die injector in the WoW Folder, moved the MPQs an wrote them in the File an it worked from the Beginning. Windows is strange >.<

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 am 

Zilem:
yeah I can add that sometime in the future.

wnxmegax:
I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is you're saying, but the issue may be that you are forgetting to include the outputted *.skin files with the M2 in the patch MPQ, or you are not including the matching *.anim files that match the patch version of the source M2. You might want to try packing the .anims from the source patch with the patch you made. As for the 65535 limit, this is a vertex count limit, not a geoset limit, and there isn't any way to work around it because it is a "physical" limitation because the index list stores vertex indices as unsigned shorts (16-bits) and that is the maximum value that can be represented by an unsigned short.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:54 pm 

ScDK, you might want to check the vertex weights around where the breasts are being deformed poorly, you might need to fix them. You can enter weight painting mode by pressing Ctrl+Tab, and choose a vertex group to edit/paint within the Vertex Groups list in the edit buttons (F9) pane.

Bones/vertex groups are named with numbers and aren't intuitive so you'll have to look at the bones in the armature to find the names of the vertex groups to work on.

You can test how the model deforms by selecting the armature and entering pose mode (Ctrl+Tab). In pose mode, you can select bones and pose them with G, R, S, to deform the mesh. To clear a pose press Alt+G, Alt+R, Alt+S.

Hope this helps...

And thanks for the reports about cameras not working. It might be bugged. But I don't know I don't have much time to work on this and test it out, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm 

I usually just lurk but I had to say thanks for putting so much effort into a great tool. Hopefully I can get my improved undead female model in a good enough state to release and give something back.

Also, do you have paypal redaxle?

Thanks again.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:04 am 

Thanks heaps for the latest update redaxle. Your tool is the only thing keeping me subscribed to WoW these days Re: M2Mod tool + Cromon's Injector (v4.03)(2011.01.14)

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm 

M2Mod builds the M2 and SKINs when you do the M2 to M2I merge. The SKINs are outputted to the same folder as OutputM2. So include the SKINs that M2Mod outputs.

More accurately:

1. Convert the old M2 to M2I.
the old M2 is the M2 and SKINs from an old model edit you would like to migrate over to the latest version.

2. Merge the new M2 with the M2I from the previous step. This will produce the M2 and SKINs that you can put in a patch.
the new M2 is the M2 and SKINs from the latest version, usually found in patch-2.MPQ.

This should produce a working M2 that contains up to date animations and everything, although if there's any major changes between versions, some things might not work quite right. In that case, step 1.5, you have to fix things manually in Blender. To do this, you have to import the M2I of the old edit and the M2I of the latest version and compare the 2 to see what's different. And then you have to make changes to get the old version as similar to the new version as possibile (in terms of object count and object names and relationships). In this last 3.2 to 3.3 update, I had to move the edited meshes to the new skeleton to fix the attachments problem.

It can get very complicated, but for the most part you should be ok with just the 2 steps.

Also, if I add a switch to M2Mod that lets you ignore bones and attachments and cameras from the M2I on merge, this will fix the attachment problem without the need for Blender.

The attachment problem is something i encountered with my model edits when migrating from 3.2 to 3.3. It caused helmets, shoulders, spell effects, etc.. to be scaled or rotated incorrectly.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 pm 

try reinstalling the blender import/export scripts, they were updated.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next