Previous << 
1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

wnxmegax wrote:
Hi I have a problem with loading the new models into blender. I am trying to load the Human edit into blender once I use your M2Mod4 and receive my M2i file and txt m2 file I then run blender and try to import the m2i file into blender it says it works but there is nothing on screen but a triangle.
never had that problem before. tried zooming in? cuz your blender loads models from a top down view covered by a bunch of triangles. also make sure you delete that annoying square first before you load anything in. Also check to make sure you have the correct version of the script imported for your version of blender. To be safe. use the 2.49b stable release version of blender and use the 2.49 script from redaxle's download, as well as python version 2.6.2. or 2.6.6

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 pm 

[input]
InputM2 = C:\mod\wow\model\data\HumanFemale.m2
OutputM2I = C:\mod\wow\model\data\HumanFemale.m2i
#InputM2I = C:\mod\wow\model\data\out\HumanFemale.m2i
#OutputM2 = C:\mod\wow\model\data\out\HumanFemale.m2

Right there.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:42 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

MDeven wrote:
Okay so I liked your Night Elf model but the pointy hips bugged me, so I imported the m2i to blender, played with it until I was content then exported the m2i no problem. When I tried to merge it back into a m2 i got this error in the command prompt:

Code:
Loading M2:   C:\Users\Documents\Wow Alt Folders\3.3 model changes\My Models\Data\NightElfFemale.m2
Importing M2I: C:\Users\Documents\Wow Alt Folders\3.3 model changes\My Models\Data\Out\NightElfFemale.m2i
error: failed to import M2I, could not open file.
Press any key to continue . . .

I looked through this thread and didn't find anyone who also received this. I looked at the three things that could go wrong, the skin files are there, etc.
EDIT: nevermind, I got it working.

I've got two ideas about why it doesn't work.

MDeven wrote:
C:\Users\Documents\Wow Alt Folders\3.3 model changes\My Models\Data\NightElfFemale.m2
Red = Users/Documents? Are you sure you didn't forget to place your username after \Users\?
Green = Spaces cause some programs to work inproperly, you can try removing the spaces.

Anyway, double-check your paths, as it seems to be a problem in any case.

EDIT: He fixed his problem, but i think people with similar problems will have an answer next time they check the thread XD

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm 

Shenandah:
Sorry for the late reply. I looked at your files and I still can't find anything wrong with them at all. Maybe the issue is with how you're configuring M2Mod. Pay close attention to commented lines (these are lines that start with # and are ignored by the program) when converting M2 to M2I or merging M2 with M2I.

There are phases when using M2Mod:
M2 to M2I conversion
M2I to M2 merge
Each phase has it's own set of inputs, and unneeded inputs should be commented out with #. This is important. Check the readme or the original post for the examples.

Other than that I really can't think of anything else that would be going wrong.

Elcapone209:
I don't know exactly your situation, but my advice to you is basically the same as to Shenandah. Pay attention to which lines are commented or not. Each operation (M2 to M2I conversion, or M2I to M2 merge) has it's own set of inputs, and unneeded inputs are commented out with #.

When merging M2 with M2I, the OutputM2I line should be commented out so you should not be encountering such an error in the first place.

The OutputM2I operation will give "error: failed to export M2I, could not open file." if the folders that lead up to where the file will go do not exist. You have to create the folder structure manually, then the tool will be able to create the file.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:32 pm 

Did you extract Mopaq.dll into the same folder? It's complaining about not being able to load it.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:32 pm 

redaxle wrote:
Yeah, i wish it were easy... Right now I'm stuck on figuring out why any edits made to the human female model breaks the model. If I inject the unmodified M2I back with the original M2, it loads in game OK, but if I inject a modified M2I with the M2, it crashes the game. I've been looking for what might be breaking the model but I can't find anything anywhere.

There were some python scripts awhile back that could swap animations from model to model. You set the main skeletal bones and it did the rest - some animations broke after ANY edit, at all, on any race, but most would work just fine - it was mainly stealth/crouch and sitting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdldyzneezd
(Example of a mostly working F HU with F UD animations)

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 am 

same question as iamspartacus.
I'm too used to editing models in 3Ds max, and dunno if i should really start learning another modelling software.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:14 pm 

Sorry to annoy you, but... I downloaded the tool again and nothing happened.
Blender counts: Ve: 116688
Info says

M2Mod version 0.1.1 beta
made by redaxle and everybody who shared their knowledge.

And any other exportet blend works fine to me.

What I did.
I added some Vertex and pushed they into the right form.
Nothing deleted and no new Objekts.

And this is the saved error log ...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="M2Mod.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="M2Mod.exe" SIZE="95232" CHECKSUM="0xFA0EDC3C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1A9BC" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="11/23/2009 23:07:06" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/23/2009 23:07:06" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1063424" CHECKSUM="0xD288FF05" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Client-DLL fur Windows NT-Basis-API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090321-1317)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x106D93" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 pm 

reddog78 wrote:
Just tried to do the M2M trick with a desired m2 from a downloaded patch...........and the tool said it was an invalid format.

So, could that mean that m2 is uneditable since it was a recent creation?

you need to change it into .m2i first. the M2Mod4 tool will not work on pre 4.0 models. so if you want to change those to .m2i you will need to download the older version of M2Mod tool to convert it.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 am 

nightshrike:
Most likely you added way too much geometry. Be a bit wiser about where to up the rez on specific parts of the mesh rather than the whole mesh.

Zomg a User:
That error will be given if InputM2 in the INI is not defined. Make sure it's not commented out with a '#'.

Also, I think I've found the fix for the WMV problem, I'll be releasing that update soon.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
 >> Next