New Topic Post Reply  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:12 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

My tool does that, amongst other things.

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

if i remember it correctly, the expansion.mpq and lichking.mpq have only game and world objects and sounds of TBC/WotLK.
player models are only in the basic mpqs like "patch.." or "common.."

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am 

I just went through and did this manually. I may be retarded, or I didn't use the search feature correctly, but there's nowhere written a simple step by step instruction from scratch on how to "make a change", from the extraction out of the MPQ to the creation of a new MPQ (or insertion into one, if that's what you do). Here's what I did -- I'm doing everything using Windows binaries so it is guaranteed to work for Windows users -- but as an added bonus, it also works for linux users because I did it all thru Wine.

Oh and please correct any inaccuracies. I'm a complete noob on this and just wanted to spare others the same confusion I went through to get going on this. On that note, if your game falls apart before your eyes or if you're banned for a lifetime for following these steps, remember who decided to follow the instructions of a complete stranger. Re: How to:Apply the shiny effects on models?

A. You want the apps to do this. TP's tool is one, but it requires that you actually pull the files out of the MPQ first before making any changes. So you want to grab two apps:
1. TP's tool --
2. an MPQ extractor/creator -- I went with http://zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html which works awesomely well for what I'm doing

B. Unzip these to a nice location. It doesn't have to be inside the w0w directory at all. You will need to know the full path later on so put them where you can find them easily using C:\folder\folder2\... -- neither one of them requires that you actually "install" them.

Now that you've done that, it's time to actually modify something. As an example I'm going to just "shinify" the night elf female. The ORIGINAL is probably located in common-2.mpq (it was for me). If you want to e.g. shinify the petite models by redaxle, you'll want to open HIS mpq file directly, or you'll end up overriding his changes with your new patch.

C. Extracting the files from the MPQ.

1. Start up MPQEditor. Open the appropriate file -- if you just want to modify the original, open common-2.mpq. If you want to modify an existing modification, you want to open that patch file. In my case, I opened patch-femalecharacteredits-petite-v3.3.mpq since that's what I wanted to use. If you go with the common-2 one, you won't get nude bodies or anything (I think) so be warned.

2. Open the folder Character\(whichever you want -- in my case, NightElf)\Female

There're a bunch of files in this directory, depending on which race you opened up. What you want to do is to select the (race).m2 file as well as ALL (race)00.skin, (race)01.skin, ... until you have selected all the .skin files. The number of skin files differ for each race, so don't get worried. Just make sure you have all of them.

3. Press Ctrl+E or click Operations / Extract ...

When you started the editor for the first time it asked you to confirm the settings. It gave you a Work directory there, which you probably left as is. Now, it will ask you where you want to extract these files, and it will default to that directory. I see no reason to change it so just let it extract to the Work directory.

4. Now you have the files extracted. Since TP's tool takes input from one file and puts it to another, we want to rename our files. Go in Explorer or whatever, to the directory where you extracted the files, and then rename each one from (name) to Orig_(name). E.g. if you have "NightElfFemale.m2" you want to name it "Orig_NightElfFemale.m2"

D. Using TP's tool to apply the shiny effect

1. Go to the folder where you extracted TP's tool. It should have an .exe and a .ini file in it. Open the .ini file in notepad or whatever text editor you prefer (emacs? Re: How to:Apply the shiny effects on models?)

2. Tweak it. Instead of telling you "uncomment this line, change that, do this" I'm going to show you an example. Don't just mindlessly grab. Look at, and adapt to your own settings. The lines in RED are the ONLY lines I CHANGED. Don't freak out thinking you have to write all this, because the file looks like this from the beginning. You will change 3 lines only.

[Settings]
# Some of these can be set via the command line, too. Command line
# settings override these.

# *** Files *************************************************************************
inputFile = z:\me\Work\Character\NightElf\Female\Orig_NightElfFemale.m2
outputFile = NightElfFemale.m2
# Note: If outputFile has no slashes (\ or /) in it, it will use inputFile's path.
#outputfile = TrollFemale.m2

# If this is set, vertex information will be read from this obj file right after the
# main file is loaded.
#objInputFile = c:\world of warcraft\data\character\troll\female\TrollFemale.obj

# If this is set, an obj of the file will be created after all other operations.
#objOutputFile = c:\world of warcraft\data\character\troll\female\TrollFemale.obj

# *** Operations ********************************************************************
# These are the things that you can do to the input file.
# You should be able to do more than one at a time, if you want, though
# all combinations haven't been tested.
# If no operations are set, no output file will be saved.

#bLimitToOneView = true
#bIncreasePolyCount = true
#bRemoveOptionalClothingGeosets = true
#bRemoveHairGeosets = true
#bBigTexture = true
bAddEnvMap = true
#bGhostify = true
#bTransparentDress = true
#bEnableSkirtGeosets = true
#bChangeTabardUVs = true
#bComputeNormals = true

3. Save it. Run the .EXE file. It will spew ASSERTION FAILED's at you but uh, ignore those. It seems to work anyway. Make sure it did work though. If it tells you "can't find file blabla" or something, you didn't write the correct path in the .ini file to the files -- double check it. It may also be that you didn't extract all the .skin files like I told you to do. Presuming all went well, it's now time to create a new MPQ file.

E. Wrapping it all up again.

1. In MPQEditor, do File / New MPQ archive ..., or click Ctrl+N.

2. Give it a good name e.g. "shiny.mpq" or "petite-shiny.mpq" or whatever you wanna call it, in a directory not inside of the game. Click Next.

3. Click "Build the MPQ archive from a file or directory:" and click the "...".

4. Now you want to go to and SELECT the "Work" directory. Do NOT select the "Character" directory as this will screw up the folders. You want it to grab "Work". Click OK.

5. Click Next, then Next (you could change the hash table size if you wanted to but I can't imagine it would make a big difference here).

6. Do what you want. I personally checked both. Click Next.

7. Click Finish.

Now you have a .MPQ file. It's time to copy it into your w0w just like you always do with .MPQ files that you grab from people on nude mod. Give it an appropriate name in w0w, and it should be enabled -- I personally go with patch-Z for mine, since I want it to be prioritized over everything else but I'm sure you know this part just as well as I do.

Err. Lots of text. Hopefully it's not too redundant. Remember it's aimed at nobodies who've never touched an MPQ in their life (other than putting them into the Data folder after downloading).

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:54 am 

lekkersmex wrote:
Also got a question i followed the guide on adding shine to a character but it oddly doesnt seem to work not sure what i am doing wrong am i missing something couse in the ini i also find the nagamale reflect thing do i need to add that?

helps apreciated Re: How to:Apply the shiny effects on models?

Which guide was that if I may ask? This thread has two guides in it (uh... I should probably repost my thing as its own thread instead of hijacking this one...)

edit: I just realized that it doesn't have two guides, actually, but I reposted my guide anyway, since it's easier to find that way.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 pm 

dartheven wrote:
I got the tool, however I didn't found the option of shiny effect in the .INI. Could you give me any suggestion?

It's the "bAddEnvMap" option. (Environment Maps are another word for that type of shiny effect.)

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 am 

Code:
I just went through and did this manually. I may be retarded, or I didn't use the search feature correctly, but there's nowhere written a simple step by step instruction from scratch on how to "make a change", from the extraction out of the MPQ to the creation of a new MPQ (or insertion into one, if that's what you do). Here's what I did -- I'm doing everything using Windows binaries so it is guaranteed to work for Windows users -- but as an added bonus, it also works for linux users because I did it all thru Wine.

Oh and please correct any inaccuracies. I'm a complete noob on this and just wanted to spare others the same confusion I went through to get going on this. On that note, if your game falls apart before your eyes or if you're banned for a lifetime for following these steps, remember who decided to follow the instructions of a complete stranger. ;)

A. [b]You want the apps to do this.[/b] TP's tool is one, but it requires that you actually pull the files out of the MPQ first before making any changes. So you want to grab two apps:
1. TP's tool -- http://www.nude modfantasyerotica.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19711
2. an MPQ extractor/creator -- I went with http://zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html which works awesomely well for what I'm doing

B. [b]Unzip these to a nice location.[/b] It doesn't have to be inside the w0w directory at all. You will need to know the full path later on so put them where you can find them easily using C:\folder\folder2\... -- neither one of them requires that you actually "install" them.

Now that you've done that, it's time to actually modify something. As an example I'm going to just "shinify" the night elf female. The ORIGINAL is probably located in common-2.mpq (it was for me). If you want to e.g. shinify the petite models by redaxle, you'll want to open HIS mpq file directly, or you'll end up overriding his changes with your new patch.

C. [b]Extracting the files from the MPQ.[/b]

1. Start up MPQEditor. Open the appropriate file -- if you just want to modify the original, open common-2.mpq. If you want to modify an existing modification, you want to open that patch file. In my case, I opened patch-femalecharacteredits-petite-v3.3.mpq since that's what I wanted to use. If you go with the common-2 one, you won't get nude bodies or anything (I think) so be warned.

2. Open the folder Character\(whichever you want -- in my case, NightElf)\Female

There're a bunch of files in this directory, depending on which race you opened up. What you want to do is to select the (race).m2 file as well as ALL (race)00.skin, (race)01.skin, ... until you have selected all the .skin files. The number of skin files differ for each race, so don't get worried. Just make sure you have all of them.

3. Press Ctrl+E or click Operations / Extract ...

When you started the editor for the first time it asked you to confirm the settings. It gave you a Work directory there, which you probably left as is. Now, it will ask you where you want to extract these files, and it will default to that directory. I see no reason to change it so just let it extract to the Work directory.

4. Now you have the files extracted. Since TP's tool takes input from one file and puts it to another, we want to rename our files. Go in Explorer or whatever, to the directory where you extracted the files, and then rename each one from (name) to Orig_(name). E.g. if you have "NightElfFemale.m2" you want to name it "Orig_NightElfFemale.m2"

D. [b]Using TP's tool to apply the shiny effect[/b]

1. Go to the folder where you extracted TP's tool. It should have an .exe and a .ini file in it. Open the .ini file in notepad or whatever text editor you prefer (emacs? :P)

2. Tweak it. Instead of telling you "uncomment this line, change that, do this" I'm going to show you an example. Don't just mindlessly grab. Look at, and adapt to your own settings. The lines in [color=#BF0040]RED [/color]are the [color=#BF0040]ONLY[/color] lines I [color=#BF0040]CHANGED[/color]. Don't freak out thinking you have to write all this, because the file looks like this from the beginning. You will change 3 lines only.

[quote]
[Settings]
# Some of these can be set via the command line, too. Command line
# settings override these.

# *** Files *************************************************************************
[color=#FF0040]inputFile = z:\me\Work\Character\NightElf\Female\Orig_NightElfFemale.m2
outputFile = NightElfFemale.m2[/color]
# Note: If outputFile has no slashes (\ or /) in it, it will use inputFile's path.
#outputfile = TrollFemale.m2

# If this is set, vertex information will be read from this obj file right after the
# main file is loaded.
#objInputFile = c:\world of warcraft\data\character\troll\female\TrollFemale.obj

# If this is set, an obj of the file will be created after all other operations.
#objOutputFile = c:\world of warcraft\data\character\troll\female\TrollFemale.obj

# *** Operations ********************************************************************
# These are the things that you can do to the input file.
# You should be able to do more than one at a time, if you want, though
#   all combinations haven't been tested.
# If no operations are set, no output file will be saved.

#bLimitToOneView = true
#bIncreasePolyCount = true
#bRemoveOptionalClothingGeosets = true
#bRemoveHairGeosets = true
#bBigTexture = true
[color=#FF0000]bAddEnvMap = true[/color]
#bGhostify = true
#bTransparentDress = true
#bEnableSkirtGeosets = true
#bChangeTabardUVs = true
#bComputeNormals = true
[/quote]

3. Save it. Run the .EXE file. It will spew ASSERTION FAILED's at you but uh, ignore those. It seems to work anyway. Make sure it did work though. If it tells you "can't find file blabla" or something, you didn't write the correct path in the .ini file to the files -- double check it. It may also be that you didn't extract all the .skin files like I told you to do. Presuming all went well, it's now time to create a new MPQ file.

E. [b]Wrapping it all up again.[/b]

1. In MPQEditor, do File / New MPQ archive ..., or click Ctrl+N.

2. Give it a good name e.g. "shiny.mpq" or "petite-shiny.mpq" or whatever you wanna call it, in a directory not inside of the game. Click Next.

3. Click "Build the MPQ archive from a file or directory:" and click the "...".

4. Now you want to go to and SELECT the "Work" directory. Do NOT select the "Character" directory as this will screw up the folders. You want it to grab "Work". Click OK.

5. Click Next, then Next (you could change the hash table size if you wanted to but I can't imagine it would make a big difference here).

6. Do what you want. I personally checked both. Click Next.

7. Click Finish.

Now you have a .MPQ file. It's time to copy it into your w0w just like you always do with .MPQ files that you grab from people on nude mod. Give it an appropriate name in w0w, and it should be enabled -- I personally go with patch-Z for mine, since I want it to be prioritized over everything else but I'm sure you know this part just as well as I do.

Err. Lots of text. Hopefully it's not too redundant. Remember it's aimed at nobodies who've never touched an MPQ in their life (other than putting them into the Data folder after downloading).
what if there is no m2 and only blp's?
excracted the orginal m2 and i get this error
ERROR: Cannot read M2s of this version.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 pm 

Is the problem that you don't have the tool? (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jlndz3nvm0t) Or that you don't know how to use it? Or that you don't know how to make MPQ files?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:27 pm 

Not sure what's going wrong. :/ How big is your patch file?

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 pm 

Ah, thanks. >.> Not sure why I didn't look there. Got a bit too focused on the walk through I suppose.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:37 am 

Maybe there's something wrong with my trollfemale.M2
well, someone Plz help me make a shiny troll?

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next