All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:41 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

well ive been looking around the wow skinners and ive seen alot of custom loading screens, so i decided to try and make my own.

what ive done is i have drawn acouple pictures of my own so i get the easy stuff out of the way,
but... what programs do i use to finish?

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:41 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

Danaluna wrote:
Hiho

Yes, I had already tried that, but when the Screen is loading in the Game, I see a dwarf flying on a griffon, but not my loading screen. What is wrong? It's 1024x1024 blp-converted. (Is there a special option of the BLPConverter needed?)I have no idea what your error currently is
The Dwarf on a griffon is the PH loadingscreen

no special converter options is needed.
The most important is that the Loadingscreen is 1024x1024 or 512x512, nothing aside that

check the file name. If your unsure where said loadingscreen is used, ask
Thise loadingscreen names are not used anymore: LoadScreenCave, LoadScreenDungeon, LoadScreenEnviroment, LoadScreenRuinedCity, loadscreenblizzcon09

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 am 

My apologies for disturbing you, but should I contact the developer for the BLPConverter (at WoWInterface) directly if it does not work?

Specifically, I'm running Windows Vista, and the indicated change for the short-cut command-line prompt shows as an invalid path/filename.

(from the read-me: Somewhere on the Properties dialog there will be an edit box named "Target" that has the path to BLPConverter.exe. After that patch, add "/p /?". It should look something like this: "C:\MyFiles\BLPConverter.exe /p /?". )

Does dealing with this require minimal help? Large amounts of help (from the programmer)? Or am I just SoL?

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this, I truly enjoy the results. Re: how can i make custom loading screens?

HAZ

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 pm 

Thanx for the answers,
I think my problem may be something different, let me explain:

I tested Zilem's loading screen patch (patch-L.MPQ), and everything works fine. I moved the patch now away from the wow/data folder and extracted one testfile (Interface\Glues\Loadingscreens\LoadScreenDalaranPrison.blp) to the Patch-Z.MPQ folder creating all those subfolders. On login the Northrend Blizz standard screen is loading (patch-L not in data folder), and when entering the violet keep, I see the dwarf flying on the griffon again, instead of Zilem's modded Genzoman loading screen.

With the patch-L.MPQ (by Zilem) moved back and one single edit in this file, it gets useless, nothing works anymore in there, as it was never loaded. Copying it 'unharmed' again solves the problem of course again. Right now I have no clue what to do, because there are only 2 options:
standard loading screens or the full package Zilem had compiled.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:23 pm 

Hmm... i see, no!, wait!?... *Mubels danish words* loadingdingscreen *Mubels a few danish words* Violethold *Mubels more danish words*
I have slight feeling that you need to pack the file in MPQ
your should only see the PlaceHolder loadingscreen doing Beta tesing, as it used for zone's which do not have a loadingscreen yet

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 pm 

Thank you very much, it seems to be working.

Now to experiment. Re: how can i make custom loading screens?

HAZ

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:19 pm 

Thanx again,
I tested it inside a mpq file and it works now.

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 pm 

Due to how the game handles things, there are some files which still seem to only work while inside MPQs. Loading screens are one of them.

This could be an issue of requiring a different directory, or a particular blp format for it to be recognized outside of MPQs, but the answer above is given for simplistic sake.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm 

Hiho

Yes, I had already tried that, but when the Screen is loading in the Game, I see a dwarf flying on a griffon, but not my loading screen. What is wrong? It's 1024x1024 blp-converted. (Is there a special option of the BLPConverter needed?)

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:51 pm 

HAZuncFol wrote:
My apologies for disturbing you, but should I contact the developer for the BLPConverter (at WoWInterface) directly if it does not work?

Specifically, I'm running Windows Vista, and the indicated change for the short-cut command-line prompt shows as an invalid path/filename.

(from the read-me: Somewhere on the Properties dialog there will be an edit box named "Target" that has the path to BLPConverter.exe. After that patch, add "/p /?". It should look something like this: "C:\MyFiles\BLPConverter.exe /p /?". )Im pretty sure it's ment to to be: [ "C:\MyFiles\BLPConverter.exe" /p ]
im not sure about the question mark also i never had the /p option to work, but that didn't stop me. i just manualy draged every file to it one by one
besides it can work on multiple files at once (up to 15), it's only a question about how fast you are with a mouse

also you can have it set to be the program to run .png and .blp file extensions
and change it back to the old agian (for .png)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next