All times are UTC [ DST ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Recently, Cromon of Mmowned released the source code to a model injector utility.
http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of- ... -0-3a.html

I compiled the third revision, the source code for which is the fifteenth post on the thread above.
I am not the first person on this forum to release compile this tool (Revy did that Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ), I just compiled the newest version (that I know of).
The only thing that I changed in my compiled version is the name of VectoredHandler.dll, because vh.dll is simpler.
I originally posted this in the thread "The Empire Strikes Back", but it soon became buried, and so it was recommend I move this to a new thread.

Some points:

Many people have voiced concerns over whether this utility is warden-proof. I have used it on a test account and on my main account, and I have yet to receive a ban or infraction, so it appears to be warden-proof. General Rule of thumb: if you use this utility for character model edits, you are not likely to be banned. If you use it to modify terrain or trivialize pvp, you will probably receive a ban.

In the past Warden has hashed two things:
1. Process information. The injector closes after it runs, so this method of detection does not apply.
2. Model hashes. Particularly campfires, duel flags, and various objects in the environment that have been used for exploits in the past. Currently, Warden does not seem to hash Character model information.
It is also infeasible for Warden to hash every model in the game.

You ran the same risk of being banned with WoWMe. If you don't wish to run the risk, do not use the injector! Also, please note that I am not responsible in any way for any bans you receive for using this injector.

As far as malware is concerned, my injector is completely safe. It will appear to be malicious to some process scanners, because it modifies the offset data in another process. Such detection methods use heuristics and will generally prevent any injection utility.

If you do not trust me specifically, then I recommend downloading redaxle's compile of the injector. You can find it here:

If you do not trust anything you download on the Internet, then please compile or write your own version.

This injector is compatible with English versions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista. This injector does not seem to work with Windows XP. I am unsure of why this is, but I do not plan to modify the code to make it compatible (I didn't write the code, i'm not very good at programming). If you figure out how to get it working for Windows XP, please contact me.

Without further interruption, here is the link to my compilation of the injector:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n45x45u5vmda874

Extract the entire contents of this zip file into your World of Warcraft Directory. I have included a fixed WoTLK version of Marble's NightElf mod by default. See if this mod works for you. If it does work, you can change MpqFiles.txt to point to whatever mods you wish.

To use this injector:
1. Run Wow.exe, not Launcher.exe
2. Alt-tab out, and Run inject.exe
3. Alt-tab back to Wow, and log in.
4. Enjoy awesome bewbage.

This injector works for Texture files as well, so once you get it working you can add texture pack MPQ files to MpqFiles.txt. You won't need to keep editing SoundCache-patch-13329.MPQ anymore.

FAQ:

Question 1. I used your compiled version of the injector, and suddenly my NightElf is incredibly sexy! Why is this?

Answer: I used Marble's NightElf as an example. If you want to change it, you have to edit MpqFiles.txt.

Question 2. Help! I don't know how to repackage 4.0 model edits to work for Cata!

Answer: It involves repackaging the model data into MPQ files using Ladik's MPQ editor. It does not work for all models, but I made a short guide on how to do it, which is available here:

Question 3. Okay, I rebuilt the 4.0 model edit, and it isn't showing up!

Answer: You have to add the location/name of the MPQ file to a new line within the MpqFiles.txt file in your World of Warcraft directory. This location must be somewhere within the World of Warcraft folder. If it is in Data, then it would be Data\MODNAME.MPQ. MODNAME.MPQ represents the name of the mod you are adding.

Question 4. After all of that, the model loads into the game and suddenly crashes when it animates!

Answer: This is due to incompatible animations between different versions of the M2 format. You can force the game to accept WoTLK animations for some models, by adding the WoTLK animations into the MPQ, into the same directory as the model. This does not prevent the game from crashing on Cata animations, and this method does not work for some model edits.

Here is a zip of 3.3.3a WoTLk animations I uploaded for this purpose:
http://www.mediafire.com/?359ljr8nuks8xqu

Question 5. So, WoTLK era models are eternally bugged? Can we convert them to Cata?

Answer: No direct conversion is possible. Redaxle has looked into it and concluded that models will need to be updated via Blender. He has written a guide on how to do that update, it is available in the M2mod4 thread on page 21:

Question 6. So, to convert these, I need to extract the new Cata models. Aren't these models partially patched by blizzard's new system?

Answer: Yes, they are, and so you need to use the latest version of Ladik's MPQ editor. It has a utility for adding patch data upon extract.
To use this utility:
1. Go to File -> open MPQ with options.
2. Pick art.MPQ and click open.
3. Click "Patched mode".
4. Click "add MPQ", and add all wow-update patches.
5. Click ok, and it will compile the sum of those MPQs.
6. Extract all M2, skin, and .anim files of whatever character model you wish to edit. You will need to repack these with the modified M2.

Cata models obtained this way will usable in M2Mod4, and will thus be moddable in blender. This is how you create Cataclysm model edits that do not crash on animate.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

[quote}Here is the message I get in the dos prompt window:

Assertion failed: hProcess != NULL, file c:\users\vek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\injector\injector\injector.cpp, line 72

I'll try to look more into this, but please just assume I won't find anything.[/quote]

Hmm yeah.. I tried to understand the code in the hope it was something simple but my windows programming experience is severely lacking so I really can't say what the issue is sorry Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ

Best you can hope for is when the final version of the injector is finished it is a lot more friendly and has higher compatibility.[/quote]

I am running Windows XP, SP2 and I have successfully used this and other compiled versions of the injector downloaded from this forum. I too was
getting the Assertion failed... , line 72 error message until I added the " -nodelay" option to my incantation:

C:\Games\W_of_W> injector -nodelay

This successfully loaded the sign-in screen and I am able to use MpqFiles.txt to manage and select which MPQ's I want to load. I now use this
method instead of the ~\data\cache\SoundCache-patch-{some_number}.MPQ procedure. I am, however, only able to successfully load texture
edits MPQ's only.

Whenever I attempt to use the injector on a character mod MPQ, I get this error:

"An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

Program: C:\Games\W_of_W\WoW.exe
File: character\nightelf\female\nightelffemale.m2

{a long string of numbers..........}
data\patches\NEMARBLE.MPQ
"

Hope this helps!

PS My first post no sig, no avatar

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm 

A++++++++ Would read again.

Glad to know my patience in the matter has been rewarded. Everyone's effort involved in the beautifying of W0W is very much appreciated.

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:02 am 

So, nothing on mac help then?

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:48 am 

Question: Do .MPQ's override eachother like they used to do, according to the order they're loaded in? (If they contain the same stuff)

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 pm 

Yea I'm just kinda curious as to how many people are actually using it... if just MMOwned and some people from here are, thats not really a large enough playerbase to get noticeable bans from.

I'll give it a bit longer...

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 am 

I've been using the injector from the start, was a bitch working to compile it myself, thank you Zangetsu for doing the hard work for me. Now just to wait until we get some mods back. I personally like large breasts, but not the massive funbags.

Jost. You are a troll. He listed there may be possible bans from using it, it may not be completely safe. So do us all a favor, and shut the hell up, or die in a fire. Your opinion was noted in the other thread. It's not welcome here. Zang is trying to be a nice guy, and help others get the mods back. I dont see you doing jackshit.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 am 

SoulTrain0217 wrote:
For those that are having difficulty getting the injector to work, you can edit the properties of it, select the Compatibility tab, and put a check in "Run As Administrator".

This elevates the rights of the program so that it can work its magic on the wow.exe process (which is most likely also running with elevated rights).

This DOES illustrate a danger to these kinds of programs. If (!) anyone wanted to be nasty, they'd have a very viable method to get code running on the machine with very high privileges.

However, I watched my Task manager - Processes (All Users) list as I ran this. I saw it pop in for a moment, and then exit, and no other threads were spawned.

And yes. I can has boobs, nao. Sadly the Dyable BELF pack is still a bit buggy (rogue stealth animation blows up) and while I do enjoy large breasts and butts, Marble's funbag-endowed Nelf is a bit wasp-waisted for me. Nice edits on the way skirts flow, however. Whoohoo!

So now that I've verified this does indeed work, I'll await the modeler's results.

Yeah, at the moment the are pretty much only 4 model edits that work without random crashes triggered by one thing or another.

- Marble's NElf.
- Succubus model in Arohk's (I think it was there) thread.
- Succubus edit bundled in Dyable's cata skin pack.
- Md9066's NELF.

Gotta wait for some more variety =).

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:32 pm 

Omg its hard to do it i download the file and i did extract them in to WOW file did i miss one

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:15 am 

Works perfectly on Vista, very hassle-free. Thanks, man!

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next