New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I certainly hope someone makes a breakthrough soon, I want my boobs back! Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ

I'm an active WoW player looking for interaction! ERP, or RP, I don't care which, If I'm not raiding I'm up for some fun (^_^)-b

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 am 

sexleg wrote:
Could you paste the message you are getting?

I wish I had an install of XP hanging around so I could test it myself Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ Everything I have is 7 or WS2008 at the moment.
Here is the message I get in the dos prompt window:

Assertion failed: hProcess != NULL, file c:\users\vek\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\injector\injector\injector.cpp, line 72

I'll try to look more into this, but please just assume I won't find anything.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 am 

I think the original post here is the best post I've ever seen on Finkle's Skinner... what a great set of FAQs! Too bad I'm unwilling to "upgrade" to Windows 7 just for this Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ .

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 pm 

redaxle wrote:
Don't let jost get you down, haters gonna hate.

Indeed, i'm just glad he's gone.

Loki399 wrote:
just checking in if anyone has gotten the injector to work for XP i still cannot get it to work=(

I'm still not sure why the injector is not working with Windows XP. I'm still looking at/learning the code, and if I figure anything out or hear anything, I will post and update my op post.

STMN wrote:
I haven't really played a lot with it to know for sure but it seems that your edit of Marble's model is fully compatible with 4.0.3 whereas other models repacked with wotlk anim files are not. What's the difference? @.@

I've used the same method I posted on several model edits, and so far Marble's NightElf has worked best. The results seem to be random. However, even Marble's NightElf model still crashes me on occasion (mostly when I pvp, because I play horde). Unfortunately, all model edits will have to be updated by either their authors, or their fans to be Cata compliant in order to prevent crashes permanently. The current WoTLK .anim hack method is not intended to be a fix-all solution.

Fortunately, redaxle posted a guide on his thread regarding how to update those mods using blender, so anyone can update a particular model edit to be Cata compliant. I will probably do this for marble's edits soon (they are my favorite) Re: Cromon's Injector - Zangetsu0's compile - Tools and FAQ

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:56 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

fadedglory wrote:
I am running Windows XP, SP2 and I have successfully used this and other compiled versions of the injector downloaded from this forum. I too was
getting the Assertion failed... , line 72 error message until I added the " -nodelay" option to my incantation:

C:\Games\W_of_W> injector -nodelay

This successfully loaded the sign-in screen and I am able to use MpqFiles.txt to manage and select which MPQ's I want to load. I now use this
method instead of the ~\data\cache\SoundCache-patch-{some_number}.MPQ procedure. I am, however, only able to successfully load texture
edits MPQ's only.

Whenever I attempt to use the injector on a character mod MPQ, I get this error:

"An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

Program: C:\Games\W_of_W\WoW.exe
File: character\nightelf\female\nightelffemale.m2

{a long string of numbers..........}
data\patches\NEMARBLE.MPQ
"

Hope this helps!

PS My first post no sig, no avatar
So what you're basically saying is you did not get the injector to work with your XP SP2. This has already been established not to work with that so far for a while now. Texture edits do work and do not require jumping through the hoops you've just shown us.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:20 pm 

fadedglory wrote:
I said I am successfully using the injector with texture mods on XP SP2. I find the ability to pick and choose which patch I want from MpgFiles.txt (I uncomment the one(s) I want on each invocation of WoW) to be quite convenient and very simple. If you're not adept at jumping through hoops, you
probably shouldn't.
You don't need the injector for texture mods, idiot. It's been explained many times using certain sound MPQs. The injector is used for loading changes in the sizes of certain parts of the models themselves. I don't know where you're getting the nodelay nonsense. I would ask if you just worded it wrong, but you said regrettably that you only got textures to work. That breaks your argument down to beg the question why you're bothering with the injector in the first place.

Edit: I understand the "idiot" remark was out of line. But stop insisting that something is working for you, when you just explained, yourself, how it isn't.

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 am 

Purrversion wrote:
..What's with all these comments trying to inspire fear and panic? If anyone's getting this far in trying to get shit done I'd assume by now they are aware of how malware works and aren't complete fucking morons. Would you chill?

No, it's not all these comments. It's the same guy from the other thread who hates the topic yet for some reason chooses to be actively involved in it, and or is simply trolling which actually looks quite likely as well. *shrugs*

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:38 pm 

I haven't really played a lot with it to know for sure but it seems that your edit of Marble's model is fully compatible with 4.0.3 whereas other models repacked with wotlk anim files are not. What's the difference? @.@

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:53 pm 

I haven't compiled code since high school back in the days of Borland C++. I'm sure I could figure out how to get this compiled myself if that is what it takes to get it to work on XP, but I wouldn't mind knowing if it can work that way from someone who has already tried it.

I game on TinyXP because it is an extremely lightweight OS platform for gaming, and I'm not patient enough to use linux.

Eventually, I would likely upgrade to 7 if that is what it would absolutely require to get mods working for me again.

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 pm 

For those that are having difficulty getting the injector to work, you can edit the properties of it, select the Compatibility tab, and put a check in "Run As Administrator".

This elevates the rights of the program so that it can work its magic on the wow.exe process (which is most likely also running with elevated rights).

This DOES illustrate a danger to these kinds of programs. If (!) anyone wanted to be nasty, they'd have a very viable method to get code running on the machine with very high privileges.

However, I watched my Task manager - Processes (All Users) list as I ran this. I saw it pop in for a moment, and then exit, and no other threads were spawned.

And yes. I can has boobs, nao. Sadly the Dyable BELF pack is still a bit buggy (rogue stealth animation blows up) and while I do enjoy large breasts and butts, Marble's funbag-endowed Nelf is a bit wasp-waisted for me. Nice edits on the way skirts flow, however. Whoohoo!

So now that I've verified this does indeed work, I'll await the modeler's results.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next