New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

Hav en go' dag

Last edited by on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

*growl* This bullshit just makes me wanna punch my monitor.

And move to a private realm. Now if only I could find one that wasn't bullshit itself in some way...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm 

well...looks like we'll, again, have to look at fugly character models that need to be prettied up, but aren't.
Do they actually spend money on people testing the possibility of loading a custom MPQ or folder structure?
Nothing against making sure that worldmodels aren't fiddled with, that was a nice approach.
But making it so that character edits or custom skins can't be used...?
Seriously, they're asking for a massive drop in players.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:32 pm 

Sabiru wrote:
I haven't read all of the posts in here, but has anyone gotten a minor bug when the female model is just standing idly and after doing a standing animation she freezes like she's trying to mimic a plastic manniquin?

For example:

If I leave my female draenei standing for a few moments, the idle animation works. But after she looks left and right (the standing animation), she freezes like a deer and headlights.

No WoW crashing, no errors of any kind.There was some saying that Placing .Anim files from the Art.MPQ could fix some model's animation Freezes
but not for every model however

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:39 pm 

Still paranoid about whether or not Blizzard has a way of detecting if it is messed with, though it seems simple enough to work with if that is the case. Did not think of that. Just need someone to experiment with it, somewhere.

Oh, here's a good question. Any idea how Blizzard bans? By account, IP, or what? If the former it's probably possible to make a test trial account just for a test run.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:07 pm 

I haven't read all of the posts in here, but has anyone gotten a minor bug when the female model is just standing idly and after doing a standing animation she freezes like she's trying to mimic a plastic manniquin?

For example:

If I leave my female draenei standing for a few moments, the idle animation works. But after she looks left and right (the standing animation), she freezes like a deer and headlights.

No WoW crashing, no errors of any kind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:05 pm 

Gamesman wrote:
Well I for one am not to worried. Yes they are trying to stop us from changing the textures and skins but think about the odds they face. Millions of tech-savvy players who want to change the skins and textures vs maybe a handful of coders who work on this one aspect of the game for maybe a few weeks. In the end it will be back to the way it was before. They would have more luck banning gold spammers.

Gold spamming has gotten a lot less violent as it used to be. Yes, we may find ways around their fixes, but we're going to have to go to further extremes to execute the edits. Which is a little discerning to me, because I probably won't go as far as programs running in background or whatever the case may be. If we do get around this, I hope it's as simple as it was before. Would hate to see model editing get sent to the same corner as gold spammers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:05 pm 

Wokzor wrote:
Think one of the problems to why this doesn't work in 4.0.3 cata beta is because wow simply doesn't load any MPQ in the "patch-x" naming scheme. Renamed the folder to "wow-update-#.MPQ" and it loaded.. kindof. I got a horrible crash when the model should've been loaded at least.

The beta actually loaded MPQ files a patch or two ago, as I tested it with the attribute system the moment people here found out it worked. They apparently disabled it shortly afterwards though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:55 pm 

I was trying to replace Sylvanas's ugly new voice clips earlier and couldn't find them in the new patch files and wasn't getting anywhere. If I'd replace it inside the original MPQ it'd DL the original. If I'd try to override it by placing my sound file in another MPQ it simply wouldn't load it. So I ended up using the old filepath trick, you create folders inside the Data folder with the same names as the filepath inside the MPQ you want to replace and it loaded up, worked perfectly.

So I figured I'd give it a try with a model edit (Dyable's BE knockers edit), I exported the M2/skins outside of the MPQ, made folders with the correct filepath names and started up wow. The first 2 times I tried to connect with a BE toon the edit wouldn't show up on the character selection screen and once I'd hit enter it would load up and freeze before letting me into the game, then I connected with a Human and went to Dal to see if it'd freeze up or if the model was active. It wasn't, BEs were running around with the original model.

What's puzzling me is that the client simply ignored the M2 while not ignoring the .wav files I had setup in another directory instead of loading the M2 as well and crashing. It could be because the M2 is in an outdated format tho, but i don't have any recent M2 at my disposition to test it.

lagstalker wrote:
lol, and if that program is wow.exe ?
That's what WoWME Fix was for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm 

Pretty much everything. Just ignore me I'll just wait for everyone to update their pages. Re: BREAKING NEWS 4.03 broke the patches

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28
 >> Next