New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 am 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:5%

I prevented all of the .lock files from spawning, that is for sure. I created gimmick files replicating the name (just a random patch from here), and had Redaxle's petite patch in the data folder, named patch-A.MPQ. Still same error, however.

What I immediately noticed:
If there is a .lock file existing BEFORE WoW is launched, WoW will delete that file and replace it with the Blizzard .lock file. So if copied patch-A in this case and renamed it art.MPQ.lock, it would be deleted and replaced. The only reason I noticed this is because the file size went from 17.8 MB to 0 MB.

To prevent this, you can change permissions of who can access the file. I had SYSTEM set to Deny full control, and myself deny all but Modify and Full Control. This prevented the .lock files from being replaced.

I replaced ALL of the .lock files in the Data folder. Upon trying this, I started up WoW, could delete and move whatever I desired with my created files, suggesting they did not get loaded up by WoW. However, this also yielded the same result of the move before pointer error thing.

TL;DR
It didn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 am 

I've been trying to get ItemDisplayInfo.DBC to work, but it's like WoW doesn't even use that file anymore. I've tried to 'corrupt' it by creating a new 0kb text file and renaming it to ItemDisplayInfo.DBC and placing that with the correct folder hierarchy in Data and Data/enGB with several names. WoW starts up as normal and displays everything correctly despite this. Maybe they've changed or added a different DBC file to share the purpose?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm 
Gamer Lv:0 Exp:0%

I noticed in the wow-update-13164.MPQ that the files are largely marked as incremental patches. So what I'm wondering is if we need to find a way to mark the mods that way as well so they load after the core files?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 pm 

I can't seem to get it to work, no matter how hard I try.
Can someone please formulate (probably a sticky) a clear answer in form of a guide for dummies. I'm certainly no "noob" when it comes to this, but this time, I don't get it. Step-by-Step. Just like: Do this. Then do that. Then do that. Gimme your money. Enjoy your boobies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 pm 

The same error everyone else is getting... "file pointer" one

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 am 

neihaera wrote:
Ok ... I think I'm done ... I'll wait until Cataclysm is in place before I pull the plug, but if I can't get my nice smooth arms and legs, and my nipples, back, Blizzard has gotten it's last cash from me.

Don't be mad broz.

Atleast we'll get new content and gfx upgrades.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 pm 

Armeringo wrote:
Hi people, recently I've a problem when use patch that mod models.
The server disconnects me doing nothing, in a instance, a raid, in a city, looking the AH, flying, and when I loggin and enter with a character, when the progress bar in loading screen is full, the server takes 3 or 4 minutes to connect.

I suppose it's caused be the problem with the anim freeze , is it true?
I have this issue too, ever since patch 4.0.1, I'm not sure though if it's related to using custom models, It's not been bought up on the forums here until now, which probably is a sign that's not that cause.
What I do as a work around, is delete the Cache folder in the wow directory before I load the game, seems to reduce the amount of dc's significantly.
If more people are having this issue too, please let us know, so we can determine if it's related to the use of custom models or not.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:45 am 

Zilem wrote:

and i think DBC edits are more important for MMOwned, then here

Indeed, I'm not assist on the DBC thing for now, I'n all honesty I'm not a exploit fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 am 

Now I've read the patches wont work again, but just out of curiousity, did anyone find a way to fix the animation freeze or the fact that the shadow disappeared from the model you model edited? (Shadow settings on anything but "Low").

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 am 

Just posting to share my amazement at how easily it was made to function again (so, yes, it's working as fine as ever for me as well). Nice work! Re: BREAKING NEWS 4.03 broke the patches

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 >> Next